Originally posted on Pastor Bill Randles Blog:
Wisdom crieth without; she uttereth her voice in the streets: She crieth in the chief place of concourse, in the openings of the gates: in the city she uttereth her words, saying, How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge? Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you.(Proverbs 1:20-23)
To those who have ears to hear, the situation with the Indiana Religious Freedom Act and the Demagoguery that surrounds it is an ominous omen.
It was President Bill Clinton who signed a bi-partisan Religious Freedom Restoration Act in 1993, passed by Charles Schumer, Ted Kennedy, Nancy Pelosi, and 94 other Senators. There are 19 other states that have since crafted similar state statutes since the 1993 law.
In a stunning display of hypocrisy, those who crafted the…
View original 945 more words
Ten Things to Pray For In These Last Days
There’s no denying it, we are definitely living in the last days. As things get darker and persecution continues to crescendo around us; our light, as followers of Jesus Christ, should be shining brighter than ever.
Remember, every failure can be traced back to a lack of prayer. This is not the time to take a back seat in hopes that everything will turn out alright. We must prepare ourselves and others.
Here is a brief list of things we should be praying fervently for as we move forward together.
1. Pray that God will examine your heart for anything that is hindering your relationship with him. Of course, don’t pray this prayer unless you’re willing to forsake the idols he points out.
Psalm 139:23-24 KJV
2. Pray that God may be glorified through you. A true attitude of worship means that you decrease and God is increased in glory. It is through glorifying him that others will be drawn to a right relationship with him also.
John 3:30 KJV
3. Pray for integrity. Many trials will come, and many things will come at you with the sole purpose of shaking your faith. The truth will be trampled on and many will fall away. Having integrity when everyone around you has abandoned it, for fear of persecution, will become paramount.
Psalm 25:21 KJV
4. Pray for your loved ones. Strength can be drawn from others close to you who also know Christ as their savior. We need to be available to encourage one another, whether they be family or friend. Centering your relationships around God’s Word will help to build one another up during stressful times.
Hebrews 10:24-25 KJV
5. Pray for those that are lost. This may very well mean praying for those who are causing you harm. Remember that each soul is precious in the sight of God. Christ Jesus died for every man. His love for you is no more than his love for those that are wicked. Pray that their eyes will be opened and that God would grant them repentance.
2 Peter 3:9 KJV
6. Pray to be used of God to be a witness to others. What use is it to have the cure for cancer if you keep it bottled up. Pray that God will give you a door of utterance to preach the gospel; the good news that Jesus Christ saves. Pray for boldness. Pray for discernment. And most of all, pray for compassion.
Jude 1:21-22 KJV
7. Pray for wisdom. This is not the time for foolish or half-cocked reactions. Discernment will be needed to make right choices. Everything you see and hear will challenge your understanding of the truth found in God’s Word. Only the truth will make you free.
James 1:5 KJV
8. Pray for grace. Your faith will be tested. For some, your faith may be tested to the death. Remember, God has not abandoned you. You may have been chosen to be one of those blessed with sharing in Christ’s sufferings. If you are, God has chosen a greater resurrection for you. You will need God’s abundant grace to make it through the fires of tribulation.
Romans 8:16-18 KJV
9. Pray for your enemies. 2nd century church father Tertullian wrote, “the blood of martyrs is the seed of the Church.” Multitudes of souls are in Heaven who were once the sworn enemies of Christianity; that at one time witnessed the unearthly reaction from their victims in the face of their worst. Remember, Christianity is not a resistance movement. It is a persistence movement. Will you have the persistent love for the lost that will cause you to do as Stephen did, while stones were being hurled at him?
Acts 7:60 KJV
10. Pray that God will multiply your influence. Even before things get crazy, it is important both to be prepared and to prepare others. God has given us the seed of his Word. It is our responsibility to sew that seed. It is God’s responsibility to multiply it. Jesus Christ is worthy of every soul’s repentance. Pray that his name will be magnified through the spreading of the Gospel, like never before.
Matthew 9:37-38 KJV
An amazing walk through the Bible on a time line from Genesis 1:1 through Revelation 22. Covers the major verses about where we’ve been, where we are and what’s coming soon on this earth! Great overview!