Ten Things to Pray For In These Last Days
There’s no denying it, we are definitely living in the last days. As things get darker and persecution continues to crescendo around us; our light, as followers of Jesus Christ, should be shining brighter than ever.
Remember, every failure can be traced back to a lack of prayer. This is not the time to take a back seat in hopes that everything will turn out alright. We must prepare ourselves and others.
Here is a brief list of things we should be praying fervently for as we move forward together.
1. Pray that God will examine your heart for anything that is hindering your relationship with him. Of course, don’t pray this prayer unless you’re willing to forsake the idols he points out.
Psalm 139:23-24 KJV
2. Pray that God may be glorified through you. A true attitude of worship means that you decrease and God is increased in glory. It is through glorifying him that others will be drawn to a right relationship with him also.
John 3:30 KJV
3. Pray for integrity. Many trials will come, and many things will come at you with the sole purpose of shaking your faith. The truth will be trampled on and many will fall away. Having integrity when everyone around you has abandoned it, for fear of persecution, will become paramount.
Psalm 25:21 KJV
4. Pray for your loved ones. Strength can be drawn from others close to you who also know Christ as their savior. We need to be available to encourage one another, whether they be family or friend. Centering your relationships around God’s Word will help to build one another up during stressful times.
Hebrews 10:24-25 KJV
5. Pray for those that are lost. This may very well mean praying for those who are causing you harm. Remember that each soul is precious in the sight of God. Christ Jesus died for every man. His love for you is no more than his love for those that are wicked. Pray that their eyes will be opened and that God would grant them repentance.
2 Peter 3:9 KJV
6. Pray to be used of God to be a witness to others. What use is it to have the cure for cancer if you keep it bottled up. Pray that God will give you a door of utterance to preach the gospel; the good news that Jesus Christ saves. Pray for boldness. Pray for discernment. And most of all, pray for compassion.
Jude 1:21-22 KJV
7. Pray for wisdom. This is not the time for foolish or half-cocked reactions. Discernment will be needed to make right choices. Everything you see and hear will challenge your understanding of the truth found in God’s Word. Only the truth will make you free.
James 1:5 KJV
8. Pray for grace. Your faith will be tested. For some, your faith may be tested to the death. Remember, God has not abandoned you. You may have been chosen to be one of those blessed with sharing in Christ’s sufferings. If you are, God has chosen a greater resurrection for you. You will need God’s abundant grace to make it through the fires of tribulation.
Romans 8:16-18 KJV
9. Pray for your enemies. 2nd century church father Tertullian wrote, “the blood of martyrs is the seed of the Church.” Multitudes of souls are in Heaven who were once the sworn enemies of Christianity; that at one time witnessed the unearthly reaction from their victims in the face of their worst. Remember, Christianity is not a resistance movement. It is a persistence movement. Will you have the persistent love for the lost that will cause you to do as Stephen did, while stones were being hurled at him?
Acts 7:60 KJV
10. Pray that God will multiply your influence. Even before things get crazy, it is important both to be prepared and to prepare others. God has given us the seed of his Word. It is our responsibility to sew that seed. It is God’s responsibility to multiply it. Jesus Christ is worthy of every soul’s repentance. Pray that his name will be magnified through the spreading of the Gospel, like never before.
Matthew 9:37-38 KJV
“And the king shall do according to his will; and he shall exalt himself, and magnify himself above every god, and shall speak marvellous things against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the indignation be accomplished: for that that is determined shall be done.” Daniel 11:36
All hope for America is lost
It has been well said that with the electing of Muslim Barack Hussein Obama, we put into power the first post-American president, and so we have. Now it seems that after 4 brutal years of his reign, his tearing down of everything good that this country ever stood for, the American people in their rebellion and hatred of God have returned this man to office to finish the evil work which he began in 2008.
(by Art Sandlier – Sound the Trumpet)
Every great empire comes to an end; often the disintegration is very rapid. For some time now we have been watching the decline of the great American enterprise. The economic foundation of the nation is disintegrating as unimaginable debt piles up. This incredible debt will sooner or later bring the whole monetary system crashing down.
History is filled with accounts of empires that dominated the world and suddenly came to an unexpected end. I am old enough to remember the British Empire dominating the world scene. By some estimates Britain dominated as much as 70 percent of the globe. It seemed as if this great Empire would never come to an end. However, almost overnight the British Empire vanished off the scene.
The sudden decline of the British Empire can be directly traced to the time in the 1940’s when Britain turned against Israel. In like manner the Obama administration has turned against Israel and we seem to be seeing the beginning of the decline of America.
Some believe that on November 6, the Americans turned a corner in their national life. It has been stated that they have turned away from their constitutional principle of limited self government with the re-election of Barack Obama. A number of people believe that with four more years of the Obama administration America will be beyond the point of no return.
America has been undergoing tremendous changes for some time now, long before Obama arrived upon the scene. In the last four or five decades the moral foundations have crumbled along with the spiritual and societal fabric of the nation. Since Obama came to power four years ago America has been in the process of the transition from a free enterprise capitalist society to a totalitarian socialist state. Obama has stated during the election campaign that he needs four more years to “complete the job.”
Obama has set policies and passed laws that negate and neglect the biblical principles the nation was founded upon. When Obama first came to power he stated that America was no longer a “Christian nation” and he has worked to reinforce that belief.
In another crucial area the Obama administration has turned against Israel no matter how often Obama says he is the friend of Israel. As we stated above, this sets the nation against the purposes of God for His people Israel, a very dangerous place to be.
In an editorial, World Net Daily, immediately after the election stated that America had “Pronounced Judgment upon itself” (by endorsing Obama’s programs).
I believe that when a nation abandons the warnings of God’s Word about such things murdering babies in their mother’s wombs and advocating homosexuality, the judgment of God inevitable.
The election on November 6 seemed to be the stamp of approval by the American people on the unbiblical agenda of the Obama administration. We will see what the future holds for America.
There comes a time when men and nations turn against God and His Word that God turns against them. When that happens God hardens their hearts and blinds their eyes and their fate is sealed.
Jeremiah discovered this truth when the judgment of God was about to fall upon Israel. God had given them over to judgment because of their obstinate rebellion against Him. The Lord said to Jeremiah in Jeremiah 7:16, “Therefore pray not thou for this people, neither lift up cry nor prayer for them, neither make intercession to me: for I will not hear thee.” This was the abandonment of God to judgment.
There is a time, we know not when. A point we know not where. That marks the destiny of men for glory or despair. There is a line, by us unseen, that crosses every path: The hidden boundary between God’s patience and His wrath
. (J. Alexander)
Clint hit the nail on the head! As I’ve been sitting here in such a mournful state – I need to reach for the Word of God for He is MY strength. The state of the nation has taken my focus off my Savior far to long today. I think I’ll read the book of Habakkuk!…
The 2012 elections are finally over. We know the winners and the losers, and we are anticipating what lies ahead for the United States of America. For many, last night was a night of great victory; for others, it was a night of defeat. I have many thoughts on the subject. I would like to share a few of them with you now.
View original post 950 more words